Call for Applications for DAAD PhD Scholarships to study Biochemistry & Microbiologyadmin 14th May 2019 0 COMMENTS
DAAD is offering three-year PhD scholarships for full-time study towards the PhD degree in Biochemistry and Microbiology at Rhodes University at the beginning of 2020. The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). A maximum of 5 scholarships are available for admission in 2020. The scholarships cover costs associated with the degree and include a monthly stipend of 500 euros.
- Citizens of a sub-Saharan country (excluding South Africa)
- M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology or a related science completed not more than 6 years ago. Note that if your M.Sc. is not completed, you should submit a letter from your current supervisor indicating that the degree will be completed by June 2020
- Good working knowledge of English
- Strong motivation and commitment
The application procedure starts by application to Rhodes University which is due on Friday 17th May, 2019. A committee will screen applications, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to submit documentations to DAAD via the DAAD online portal, DAAD will make the final selection of resourceful candidates.
Please submit the following documentation as a single PDF File
- Letter of motivation (explaining your interest in Biochemistry/Microbiology and why you wish to do a PhD, Maximum 1 page)
- CV using the template found here: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/editors/en/cv/compose
- certified copy of academic transcript/degree certificates
- reference letters from 2 academic references
- passport/ID as proof of citizenship
Please email the above documents as a single PDF file to email@example.com by 17:00 on Friday 17th May 2019. Please name the file “DAAD-Your name”.
Female applicants and applicants from less privileged backgrounds are encouraged to participate in the programme.
Queries may be addressed to Prof Adrienne Edkins on firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email with further instructions. If you do not hear from us by 1 July 2019, you should assume that your application was not successful.