TY Danjuma Foundation Call for Concept Notes in Health and Education Projects in Nigeriaadmin 2nd April 2019 0 COMMENTS
2020 Call for Concept Notes
In line with its vision of “a Nigeria where all people have access to affordable quality health care, education and opportunities to realise their potentials”, TY Danjuma Foundation – the first private indigenous philanthropic grantmaking organisation in Nigeria – announces its 2020 Call for Concept Notes.
Civil Society Organisations are invited to submit applications for funding of health, education projects in underserved and hard-to-reach communities across Nigeria.
The 2020 Call focuses on the following key areas:
- Preventable Blindness
- Maternal and Child Health
- Upgrading Teachers’ Quality
The deadline for submission of Concept notes is at 4pm on April 30, 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for TYDF Grants
Applicants for grants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a registered not-for-profit organisation working in Nigeria;
- Possess a valid audit report of not more than two (2) years old (This does not apply to applicants under Community Funds scheme);
- Have a verifiable organisational structure;
- Demonstrate community participation & government involvement in the proposed intervention; and
- Have a track record of engagement in similar or related activities.
Ineligible Applicants TYDF grants WILL NOT be extended to the following:
- Organisations that are not legally registered in Nigeria;
- A branch of government or a government entity;
- Any entity that has mismanaged TYDF funds in the past;
- Political parties, institutions or their subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Organisations that advocate, promote, or espouse inhumane policies, illegal activities or terrorism; and
- Organisations whose proposals are of a religious nature. Ineligible Activities and Unallowable Costs TYDF’s grant funds cannot be utilized for the following causes:
- Political campaigns
- Religious or sectarian activities
- Activities to be implemented outside Nigeria
- Overseas training of any nature
- Any activity that is illegal
Only organisations whose concept notes are satisfactorily reviewed by Management and the Board would be contacted to submit full proposals on or before June 30, 2019.
About TY Foundation
The TY Danjuma Foundation is a private independent grant making philanthropic organisation based in Abuja, Nigeria. The Foundation was established by General TY Danjuma GCON (Rtd) and works with a distinguished Board of Trustees. The Foundation’s vision is a Nigeria where all people have access to affordable quality health care, education and opportunities to realise their potentials.
For more information on how to apply, download the 2020 Call for Concept Notes